High-Power Infrared Emitting Diode
Vishay offers the high-power infrared emitting diode, 850 nm, surface-emitter technology
The VSMY98545 features a 42 mil by 42 mil emitter chip, which supports a low thermal resistance of 10 K/W junction-to-pin, and enables high drive currents up to 1 A and pulses up to 5 A. The emitter's integrated lens supports a +/- 45 degree angle of half intensity, resulting in ultra-high radiant intensity of 350 mW/sr at 1 A and 1600 mW/sr at 5 A (pulses). This is more than double the radiant intensity of devices without lenses.
With its extremely-high drive-current capabilities and optical power to 660 mW at 1 A, the VSMY98545 can replace multiple standard SMD devices, allowing designers to reduce the component count and improve performance in a wide variety of applications. The emitter is optimized for IR illumination in CCTV, gaming, and road-cash systems, in addition to long-range proximity applications such as presence detection for wake-up functions in office equipment.
The device offers fast switching speeds down to 15 ns, low forward voltages down to 1.8 V at 1 A, and operating temperatures from -40°C to +95°C. The VSMY98545 ensures a shelf life of 168 hours and provides a moisture sensitivity level (MSL) of 3 in accordance with J-STD-020. Supporting lead (Pb)-free reflow soldering, the device is RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
- Package type: surface mount
- Package form: high power SMD with lens
- Dimensions (L x W x H in mm): 3.85 x 3.85 x 2.24
- Peak wavelength: ⌊ p = 850 nm high reliability
- High radiant power
- High radiant intensity
- Angle of half intensity: ∏ = } 45°
- Low forward voltage
- Designed for high drive currents: up to 1 A (DC) and up to 5 A pulses
- Low thermal resistance: RthJP = 10 K/W
- Floor life: 168 h, MSL 3, acc. J-STD-020
- Lead (Pb)-free reflow soldering
- Infrared illumination for CMOS cameras (CCTV)
- Illumination for cameras (3D gaming)
- Machine vision
- 3D TV
High Power Infrared Emitting Diode
|Manufacturer Part Number||Description||Available Quantity||Datasheets|
|VSMY98545||EMITTER IR 850NM 1A SMD||536|