MAX98304 Mono 3.2 W Class D Amplifier
Maxim presents the industry's smallest Class D 1.0 mm x 1.0 mm amplifier
The MAX98304 mono 3.2 W Class D amplifier provides Class AB audio performance with Class D efficiency. This device offers five selectable gain settings (0 dB, 3 dB, 6 dB, 9 dB, and 12 dB) set by a single gain-select input (GAIN).
Active emissions-limiting, edge-rate, and overshoot control circuitry greatly reduces EMI. A filterless spread-spectrum modulation scheme eliminates the need for output filtering found in traditional Class D devices. These features reduce application component count.
The IC's 0.95 mA at 3.7 V (1.2 mA at 5 V) quiescent current extends battery life in portable applications.
The IC is available in a 9-bump (1.0 mm x 1.0 mm) WLP with 0.3 mm pitch that is specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
|Long-Term Supply Program Lead (SnPb) Finish for COTS|
- Low quiescent current: 0.95 mA at 3.7 V
- Spread spectrum and active emissions limiting
- Five pin-selectable gains
- 19 µVRMS ultra-low noise
- 90 dB PSRR
- Click-and-pop suppression
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Low-current shutdown mode
- 1.0 mm x 1.0 mm, 9-bump WLP (0.3 mm pitch) space-saving package
- Cellular phones
- MP3 players
- Notebook and netbook computers
- Portable audio players
- VoIP phones