Texas Instruments' TPS54122 combines the efficiency of a step-down switching (DC/DC) converter with a high power-supply rejection (PSR), low-noise, low-dropout regulator (LDO) to provide an ultralow-noise power supply that delivers quiet supply rails to noise-sensitive applications.
With a wide input range of 2.9 to 5.5 V, the TPS54122 is ideally suited for systems with 5 V power busses, and supports a 3 A continuous output current. The output voltage can be set from 0.8 to 3.6 V using external resistors. The TPS54122 can be used in a wide range of low-noise applications because the DC/DC converter and LDO are completely configurable. In addition, the TPS54122 includes features such as soft-start, switching frequency synchronization, and a power-good signal.
The TPS54122 can also be configured as a dual supply rail device, supplying a total of 3 A.
- Low-noise output: 17 µVRMS at 10 Hz to 1 MHz
- Provides two configurable supply rails
- Wide input voltage range: 2.95 to 5.5 V
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.8 to 3.6 V
- 1% overall accuracy
- Excellent load and line transient response
- Sync to external clock: 300 kHz to 2 MHz
- Small package: 3.5 × 5.5 mm QFN-24