Storm Interface has announced the introduction of an innovative and highly-effective solution. The Storm 5100 series: toughened, water resistant, data displays with integral USB 2.0 interface.
Data displays are an essential component of most contemporary equipment; however, because they must be visible, they are often the most exposed and vulnerable. They are often difficult to fix securely in place and even more difficult to protect.
These robust, monochrome displays are ideal for use in exposed or industrial environments. Bright white transflective display technology is securely encased within a sealed and impact-resistant bezel. The bezel features a hard-coated UV and scratch resistant, polycarbonate window. Available in either 20 character x 4 line, 20 character x 8 line or 128 x 64 pixel graphic versions, these USB 2.0 display devices can be easily installed into any control panel or equipment enclosure. They require no liquid sealants or adhesives to achieve a toughened, sealed, and weather resistant installation.
Offered in a range of eight different configurations/specifications, Storm 5100 series displays offer designers a ‘ready-to-use’ data display solution for a wide range of indoor and outdoor applications.
Features and Benefits
- Impact, shock and vibration resistant
- Sealed for use in wet or dirty environments
- Weather resistant for use in exposed locations (optional feature)
- Extended operational temperature range -20ºC to +70ºC (optional feature)
- Programmable USB display controller and system interface
- Display connects to the host system via a single USB cable with a USB Mini-B connector (cable supplied separately)
- Resistant to petrochemicals, detergents and most commonly used non-abrasive cleaning agents
- Responsive, illuminated menu navigation keys under software control (on/off/flashing) (optional feature)
- Easy-to-use API with downloadable object code libraries
- USB 2.0 HID compliant device
- This device is designed to meet:
- EU RoHS
- EU Low-Voltage Directive
- ESD: Up to +/- 15 kV air discharge, +/- 7.5 kV contact discharge
- WEEE Directive
- EMC-CE, FCC Part 15B Class B
- EN55022 Class B, EN60950, EN55024
Additional Information (downloads available at www.storm-interface.com)
- Engineering Manual including product dimensions and installation / configuration instructions
- CAD files (dxf, dwg)
- API object code libraries
- Test data and reports
- USB cable for use with USB interface
- Under panel fitting kit