Get in Touch with a World Without Buttons
Extreme front panel makeover - Serious Integrated Graphic Front Panel Solution Powered by Renesas
Designed for easy integration, Serious Integrated Modules (SIMs) are complete, intelligent graphic/touch panel modules. That means you get to prototypes in hours and production in weeks. Accelerate time to revenue. No supply-chain hassles.
Overcome the GUI software challenge with ease. And speed. Choose native C-based development with world-class, out-of-the-box RTOSs and BSPs. The Serious Human Interface™ Platform (SHIP) and the SHIPTide™ Rapid GUI Design Tool help you develop GUIs in remarkably short time with minimal coding.
Embedded GUI Solution Kit with Serious Integrated
The Embedded GUI Solution kit provides a quick and easy way to add a low-cost LCD touchscreen to any embedded designs. With the tremendous growth of LCD touchscreens in smart phones and tablets, it is only natural for other markets like industrial, medical and appliances to migrate towards similar interfaces. The hardware is based on RX Direct Drive LCD (DDLCD) technology providing the performance required to handle the GUI as well as other functions at the same time.
- 100 MHz RX63N with 2 MB Flash and 128 KB RAM
- 4.3 WQVGA (480 x 272) color TFT-LCD touch screen display
- 16 MB SDRAM, 16 MB serial Flash and 2 Kbit EEPROM
- 24-pin I/O (GPIO, +5V, RESET#, UART) and RMII interface
- JTAG debugger with USB cable
Discover just how easy it is to put the power of touch in your next design
- Embedded: Yes, MCU, 32-Bit
- Main Purpose: Displays, LCD Display
- Supplied Contents: Board
- Utilized IC / Part: RX63N
The Embedded GUI Solution Kit supports software from a wide variety of sources to provide you with the most flexibility in the development process. Current options include the following:
Get Serious About Touch Technology
Serious Integrated provides cost-effective, production-ready, directly embeddable graphics/touch front panel modules supported by a comprehensive integrated development environment. Designed for easy integration by OEM design teams and custom electronics design shops, Serious Integrated modules are complete, intelligent graphic/touch front panel modules.
SIM231 Module 4.3" WQVGA Graphic/Touch Module Family
4.3" WQVGA 480×272 color TFT display
- Various touch panel options
- Color depths from 16 to 24-bit
- Serious Gatling™ Technology for rapid-fire pixel delivery to the LCD with minimal CPU intervention
100MHz 32-bit Renesas RX631/RX63N MCU
- 128 KB RAM, 512 KB - 2 MB FLASH
- Integrated temp sensor & RTCC
- Ethernet RMII available on expansion connector on some variants
On Module Memory
- 8-16 MB SDRAM
- 8-16 MB serial FLASH + 4 kbit EEPROM
- 60-pin Expansion Connector (GPIO, +5V, RESET#, I2C, SPI, UART; RMII on 63N-based units)
- Serious system-to-system 16-pin Power/Communications Connector
- SHIP Programming Port for rapid GUI/Firmware programming
- USB Micro B Device Connector
- USB A Host Connector
- Tag-Connect JTAG Port
PCB operating temperatures as wide as -40 to 85°C; LCD option may restrict operating range.