NXP Semiconductors' comprehensive kit provides everything necessary for system development. The kit includes a series of wireless carrier boards, plug-in expansion boards, USB dongles, a remote control, a specially programmed Cisco router, and a complete software design kit.
The supplied router, which runs NXP OpenWRT firmware modified by NXP, makes it easy to develop solutions that include sensor-equipped objects as part of the "Internet of Things."
Using the various demos included in the kit, designers can quickly produce demonstrators or proof-of-concept products. The same software can then be used for end products, using JN516X ICs or modules.
- Four base boards
- Three lighting expansion boards
- Two expansion boards with sensors and buttons
- One LCD expansion board
- 16-button capacitive touch remote control
- Two USB dongles
- Cisco router with Ethernet support
- One evaluation kit for all applications
- Hardware platform supports all sensors, displays, LEDs, and switches
- "Internet of Things"
- ZigBee LightLink (LL)
- ZigBee Smart Energy (SE)
- Home and building automation
- Smart lighting
- Remote controls
- Smart energy
- Wireless sensor networks