ITT Interconnect Solutions' VRPC series was designed to meet the needs of the ever-increasing electronic requirements of modern systems in mass transit, off-road, and industrial equipment. VRPC connectors are up to 80% lighter and 30% smaller than comparable traditional metal interconnects. The VRPC series is IRIS compliant can be specifically sealed to IP67 or unsealed depending on application and are rated to NFF 16-101 and NFF 16-102 standards for both fire and smoke resistance. An innovative grommet system dispenses with the need for filler plugs to meet sealing requirements. A further benefit of the VRPC series is its flexible cable support, which also acts as a panel-fixing device.
VRPC connectors utilize ITT’s proven Trident contact system and are available in 3, 6, or 12 contact layouts and contacts are turned to maintain signal continuity in high vibration environments. Polarization can be set during connector assembly and a snap-in mechanism provides audible confirmation of correct mating and ease of use in restricted spaces. Suitable applications for the VRPC rectangular plastic connectors include air conditioning controls, doors, fire control systems, LCD displays, signaling, wipers, shutters, and seats on mass transit vehicles.
- An innovative grommet system means that no filler plugs are required. (Machined contacts are recommended when using the grommet system)
- Snap-in mechanism with an audible mating connection
- Polarization is possible by cutting the same keys on both the plug and panel connector side
- Flexible cable support not only allows for support of the cable, but is also used as a fixing device to the panel
- Lighting systems, motorway information systems
- Traffic management systems, security systems
- Printing machines, factory robotics, controllers
- Automatic doors, agricultural, and pumping equipment
- Wipers, shutters, LCD displays, and doors
- Fire control units, air conditioning, signaling
- Information systems and seats
- Off road
- Cabling and lighting