InvenSense's MPU-9150 is the world's first 9-axis MotionTracking device designed for the low-power, low-cost, and high-performance requirements of consumer electronics equipment including smartphones, tablets, and wearable sensors.
The MPU-9150 incorporates InvenSense's MotionFusion™ and run-time calibration firmware that enables manufacturers to eliminate the costly and complex selection, qualification, and system level integration of discrete devices in motion-enabled products, and guarantees that sensor fusion algorithms and calibration procedures deliver optimal performance for consumers.
Motion interface is rapidly becoming a key function in many consumer electronics devices including smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and smart TVs, as it provides an intuitive way for consumers to interact with electronic devices by tracking motion in free space and delivering these motions as input commands.
The MPU-9150 with MotionFusion and run-time calibration firmware enables consumer electronics manufacturers to rapidly commercialize cost-effective motion-based functionality.
The MPU-9150 is a system-in-package (SiP) that combines two chips: the MPU-6050, which contains a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, as well as an on-board Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms; and the AK8975, a 3-axis digital compass. The part's integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms access all internal sensors to gather a full set of sensor data. The part is offered in a 4 mm x 4 mm x 1 mm LGA package and is upgrade-compatible with the MPU-6050™ integrated 6-axis MotionTracking device, providing a simple upgrade path and making it easy to fit on space constrained boards.
The InvenSense MotionApps™ Platform that comes with the MPU-9150 abstracts motion-based complexities, offloads sensor management from the operating system and provides a structured set of APIs for application development.
- Digital-output 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Tri-axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250 dps, ±500 dps, ±1000dps, and ±2000 dps
- Tri-axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2 g, ±4 g, ±8 g, and ±16 g
- Tri-axis compass with a full scale range of ±1200 µT
- Reduced settling effects and sensor drift by elimination of board-level cross-axis alignment errors between accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass
- DMP engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization, and gesture detection
- MotionApps Platform support for Android, Linux, and Windows
- Embedded algorithms for run-time bias and compass calibration. No user intervention required
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Digital input on FSYNC pin to support video Electronic Image Stabilization and GPS
- Gyro operating current: 3.6 mA (full power, gyro at all rates)
- RoHS- and green-compliant
- Programmable interrupt supports gesture recognition, panning, zooming, scrolling, free fall interrupt, high-G interrupt, zero-motion detection, tap detection, and shake detection
- VDD supply voltage range of 2.4 V to 3.46 V; VLOGIC of 1.8 V ±5% or VDD
- Gyro + Accel operating current: 3.8 mA (full power, gyro at all rates, accel at 1 kHz sample rate)
- Gyro + Accel + Compass + DMP operating current: 4.25 mA (full power, gyro at all rates, accel at 1 kHz sample rate, compass at 8 Hz rate)
- Accel low power mode operating current: 10 uA at 1 Hz, 20 uA at 5 Hz, 70 uA at 20 Hz, 140 uA at 40 Hz
- Full chip idle mode supply current: 8 µA
- 400 kHz fast mode I²C serial host interface
- On-chip timing generator with ±1% frequency variation over full temperature range
- User self test
- 10,000 g shock tolerant
- Smallest and thinnest package for portable devices (4 mm x 4 mm x 1.06 mm)
MPU-9150 Evaluation Board
|Imagen||Número de pieza del fabricante||Descripción||Estado de la pieza||Tipo de sensor||Rango de sensado||Cantidad disponible||
|MPU-9150EVB||BOARD EVAL FOR MPU-9150||Obsoleto||Acelerómetro, giroscopio, magnetómetro, 3 ejes||±2 g, 4 g, 8 g, 16 g, ±250°/seg, ±500°/seg, ±1000°/seg, ±2000°/seg, ±1200 µT||0||