Electric Imp's imp002 is a solder-down module form-factor which works in conjunction with the Imp platform to allow easy connection of any device to the Internet. The Electric Imp is a combined cloud service and WiFi-enabled hardware solution that dramatically decreases time to market and cost, is effective, reliable, secure, and easily empowers developers to manage and scale their connected products and services.
The imp002 offers 12 user-configurable I/Os, and the solder-down form-factor negates the need for isolation circuitry in high-power applications. The imp002 wireless certification has been completed at the module level, which means the end product can reference the imp002 certification number.
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 20 MHz 11 n-channels, 1 x 1
- +16.75 dBm max output power (802.11 b)
- -97 dBm typical sensitivity (1 Mbps)
- Integrated antenna with 2.5 dBi max gain
- 32-bit Cortex™-M3 processor
- Robust embedded operating system with fail-safe ﬁrmware updates
- Virtual machine for vendor ﬁrmware
- LED drive for red/green status LEDs (common cathode or common anode)
- Embedded phototransistor for our patent-pending BlinkUp optical conﬁguration technology, that uses a user's smartphone to set the device up
- 12 user configurable I/O's
- GPIO, PWM, analog input and output
- SPI (2 channels), UART (4.5 channels), I²C (2 channels)