CUI Inc introduces a family of board mount DC-DC converters developed for railway applications. The modules are designed to comply with the EN50155 standard, which specifies input, EMC, mechanical, and environmental requirements. The internally potted and encapsulated design provides increased system reliability through added protection from environmental factors such as dust, moisture, and shock and vibration.
Offered in industry standard quarter brick and half brick footprints respectively, the 100 W VQB100R series and the 150 W VHB150R series are highly efficient, reaching levels up to 92.5%. Though the modules are designed primarily for railway applications, the VQB100R and VHB100R series also target designs that may experience high transients, including telecom systems and battery-powered equipment.
- Over current, over temperature, over voltage, and short circuit protection
- Designed for railway applications
- Up to 150 W continuous power
- 3:1 input range
- Efficiency up to 92%
- Industry standard quarter brick or half brick package options
- Remote on/off control, output trim, remote sense
- UL/cUL safety approvals
- Meets EN 50155 with external filter