ACT2801 and ACT2802 ICs from Active-Semi offer the most compact system design for Power Bank. The Power Bank system can be implemented using just one ACT280x IC along with discretes and without the need for additional ICs such as an MCU, or protection ICs. As such, ACT280x-based Power Bank solutions provide the smallest BOM and PCB solutions available today.
The ACT280x family integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, boost converter, and LED indication. The ACT280x also includes an input to obtain user feedback (for example, via a push button), to support various user-interface functions such as turn on/off charging and query charging status. The IC supports LED indication to display charging level on 4 LEDs.
- Dedicated single chip solution for mobile power with minimal component count
- High charge and discharge efficiency, 95% boost efficiency (VBAT = 4.1 V)
- <10 μA low battery-leakage current in Hi-Z mode during storage
- Programmable input current limit up to 2 A
- Programmable constant output current in boost mode up to 5 V/1.5 A
- No-load shutdown and push button turn-on
- Sophisticated battery protection for Over-Current (OCP), Over-Voltage (OVP), Over-Temperature (OTP), and Short-Circuit Protections (SCP). Battery disconnection at output short