Wurth Electronics just released their innovative SMD high-current coupled inductors WE-CFWI. The WE-CFWI is equipped with two identical flat wire windings for high-current capabilities and ultra-low DCR for the best possible efficiency. Currents of up to 50 A with DCR’s as low as 1.6 mOhm are possible, and like other Wurth electronics, high-current flat-wire inductors are rated for an operating temperature of -40°C up to 150°C.
The WE-CFWI can be used in four different types of applications including: coupled inductors in SEPIC or CUK converters, high-current power inductors connected in serial, common mode choke for filtering in circuits with high currents, and 1:1 transformer for flyback applications or decoupling.
- Very-low DCR
- Very-low leakage <0.5% typ
- Saturation current higher than 50 A
- Low inductance drift over temperature
- Operating temperature: -40°C up to +150°C
- Coupled inductor with two identical windings
- High-power switching regulators
- 1:1 flyback converter
- Buck, Boost, SEPIC, and CUK converter
- Switching regulators with secondary unregulated output voltage
- Battery cell charging balancer