Vishay's TM8 solid surface mount tantalum chip capacitors feature a robust design, high reliability screening, low DC leakage current (DCL), and a compact form factor. Efficient packaging offers a high CV factor ideal for space-constrained applications. High reliability screening techniques ensure reliable long-term performance in demanding environments - a critical performance measure in applications where the cost of failure is high.
DCL levels in early medical device platforms were at tolerable levels in the past; however, lower levels are now required. By utilizing Vishay’s proprietary multi-array packaging (MAP), the new TM8 devices realize better stability and a significant reduction in DCL, which ensures efficient operation and extended battery life in portable/implantable applications.
- High reliability solid surface mount tantalum capacitors
- Tailorable high-reliability screening options
- Low DCL for efficient operation and long battery life
- L-shaped terminations for superior board mounting
- Small case size ideal for space-constrained applications
- Implantable medical devices such as pacemakers, ICDs, neurological stimulators
- Medical instrumentation
- Avionics, military, and space
TM8 Series Tantalum Capacitors