Vishay has introduced two new slew-rate-controlled p-channel high-side load switches designed for 1.5 V to 5.5 V operations. The SiP32458 and SiP32459 each offer an integrated gate pump to provide low and flat on-resistance down to 20 milliohms, while maintaining a low quiescent current. Offered in a compact, 6-bump, wafer-level CSP package (WCSP6), the devices feature a controlled slow turn-on slew rate of 3 ms typical at 4.5 V to limit the in-rush current for designs with capacitive or noise-sensitive loads.
For higher efficiency, the load switches released today provide low switch on-resistance of 30 milliohms typical at 1.5 V, 26 milliohms typical at 1.8 V, and 20 milliohms typical at 3.3 V and 5 V. Both switches support 3 A of continuous current, while a low quiescent current of 4.2 micro-amps typical allows for longer on-times in battery-powered equipment. When disabled, the SiP32458 provides a reverse blocking circuit to prevent high current from flowing into the power source. The SiP32459 integrates an output discharge switch that enables a fast discharge of the load when the load switch is disabled.
- Small 1 mm x 1.5 mm footprint with a 0.5 mm pitch
- Top-side lamination for enhanced mechanical ruggedness
- Low input logic control threshold that can interface directly with low voltage I/O pins
- Integrated, 2.8 megaohm pull-down resistors at their control logic EN pins
- RoHS compliant and halogen free
- GPS devices
- Digital cameras
- Media players
- Tablet devices
- Game consoles
- Medical and health care devices
- Industrial instrumentation