Vishay has expanded its family of Gen III TrenchFET power MOSFETs with the release of a new 20 V n-channel device offering the one of the industry’s lowest on-resistance and on-resistance times gate charge for a device with this voltage rating in the PowerPAK® SO-8 package type.
TrenchFET Gen III power MOSFETs are ideal for low-side applications, where their low on-resistance minimizes conduction losses and improves efficiency compared to previous-generation MOSFETs. Also lower gate charge yields approximately 1/3 lower FOM in some devices, providing lower switching losses over the previous generation.
- Low conduction and switching losses enable increased efficiency and reduced power consumption
- Record-breaking maximum on-resistance at VGS = 4.5 V rating is up to 32% - Down to 0.002 Ω
- Maximum on-resistance at VGS = 10 V is also up to 23% lower - Down to 0.00155 Ω
- Figure of Merit (FOM) of on-resistance times gate charge up to 42% lower - Down to 87 mΩ-nC
- 20 V, 25 V, and 30 V options, all with 20 V VGS
- Package options in SO-8 footprint area include:
- Thermally advanced PowerPAK SO-8
- Standard SO-8
- PolarPAK® with double-sided cooling
- Synchronous Rectification
- Synchronous Buck Converter
- Fixed Telecom
- Power Supplies