Vishay has expanded its family of Gen III TrenchFET power MOSFETs with the release of two 20 V and two 30 V n-channel devices that are the first to offer TurboFET technology, which utilizes a new charge balanced drain structure to lower the gate charge by up to 45%, enabling significantly lower switching losses and faster switching.
The devices are used as the high-side MOSFET in synchronous buck converters, helping to save power in notebook computers, voltage regulator modules (VRMs), servers, and other systems using point-of-load (POL) power conversion.
- Charge balanced TrenchFET Gen III utilizing TurboFET drain structure technology provides record-breaking gate charge while maintaining excellent on-resistance performance
- On-resistance times gate-drain charge FOM down to 23.2 mΩ-nC
at VGS = 4.5 V
- Low switching losses enable high efficiency and low power consumption
- Lower gate charge enables higher frequency operation, allowing the use of smaller passive components in dc-to-dc converters
- Available in thermally advanced PowerPAK® 1212-8 and PowerPAK SO-8 packages
- High-side MOSFET in synchronous buck
- Notebook Computers
- Systems using point-of-load (POL)