Vishay’s RTO thick film power resistors feature a compact, easy-to-mount TO-220 package, which measures just 10.1 mm by 15 mm and, when mounted on a heatsink, provides a high power-dissipation-to-size ratio that enables high power ratings of 20 W and 50 W.
A special manufacturing technique includes ohmic adjustment through sand trimming, a process that avoids the generation of hot spots – such as those caused by laser trimming – and therefore reduces the risk of microcracks on each side of the curve. The resulting resistor features high reliability and stability while also providing good overload capability.
- TO-220 package: Compact and easy to mount
- 20 W and 50 W power ratings available with through-hole or SMD versions
- Broad resistance range: 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ
- Low thermal resistance down to 2.6°C/W
- Non-inductive element
- Industrial and medical power supplies
- Test equipment
- Power conversion
- Current sensing