Vishay/Semiconductors released a high-voltage, ultrafast surface-mount avalanche rectifier in the plastic DO-214AC package. The BYG23T combines a low 1.98 mm profile with extremely high reverse voltage of 1,300 V and fast 75 ns reverse recovery time.
This rectifier is optimized for high-voltage, high-frequency rectification in switchmode power supplies (SMPS), HID ignition drives, and industrial ballasts. The BYG23T features low typical reverse current of 2.9 µA at +125°C, 5 mJ pulse energy in avalanche mode, forward current of 1.0 A, and forward voltage of 1.39 V at 1 A and +125°C.
Ideal for automated placement, the BYG23T offers a rugged maximum operating junction temperature of +150°C and an MSL moisture sensitivity level of 1, per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260°C. The device is compliant to RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and WEEE 2002/96/EC, and halogen-free according to IEC 61249-2-21.
- Glass passivated junction
- Low profile package
- Ideal for automated placement
- Low reverse current
- High reverse voltage
- Meets MSL level 1, per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of 260°C
- Compliant to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
- Halogen-free according to IEC 61249-2-21 definition
- Ultra-fast reverse recovery time