Vishay Foil Resistors has released a new ultra-high-precision Bulk Metal® Foil surface-mount Power Metal Strip® current-sensing resistor with a load-life stability of ±0.2% at 70°C for 2,000 hours at rated power. The new CSM3637Z also features an absolute TCR of ±5 ppm/°C maximum from -55°C to 125°C, 25°C ref., and a tolerance of ±0.1%.
The improved resistance stability of the CSM3637Z makes it an excellent choice for tightened-stability voltage division, precision current sensing, and pulse applications in switching and linear power supplies, power amplifiers, feedback circuits, measurement instrumentation, bridge networks, satellites and aerospace systems, and medical and test equipment.
The CSM3637Z features a low thermal electromotive force (EMF) that is critical in many precision DC applications. The device's all-welded construction is composed of a Bulk Metal resistive element with welded copper terminations, plated for soldering. The terminations make true ohmic contact with the resistive layer along the entire side of the resistive element, thereby minimizing temperature variations. The resistor element is designed to uniformly dissipate power without creating hot spots, thereby minimizing parasitic contact resistance and contact resistance variation for a low thermal EMF of < 3 µV/°C.
- Resistance range: 3 mΩ to 50 mΩ
- Temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR): ±5 ppm/°C maximum (- 55°C to 125°C, 25°C ref.)
- Load life stability to ±0.2% (70°C, 2000 h at rated power)
- Power rating: to 3 W
- Resistance tolerance: ±0.1%
- Short time overload: ±0.1% typical
- Proprietary processing technique produces extremely low resistance values with improved stability
- Terminal finish: lead (Pb)-free or tin/lead alloy
- All welded construction
- Solderable terminations
- Very low inductance 0.5 nH
- Excellent frequency response to 50 MHz
- Low thermal EMF < 3 µV/°C (DC offset error, significant for low values)
- Maximum current: up to 31 A
- Four terminal (Kelvin) design: allows for precise and accurate measurements