Vishay's PTS AT SMD flat chip temperature sensors are the perfect choice for temperature control of electronics operating under varying environmental conditions. The highly controlled platinum thin film manufacturing process guarantees an outstanding stability of temperature characteristics which ensures reliable operation even under harsh conditions. Typical applications include automotive, aviation and industrial electronics.
PTS AT temperature sensors, available in case sizes 0603, 0805, and 1206, offer precise temperature measurements over a wide temperature range. PTS characteristics remain stable over time due to its thin film technology where a homogeneous film of platinum is deposited on a high grade ceramic body. Terminations for the PTS are pure matte tin on nickel plating, with proven immunity of the plating to tin whisker growth under extensive testing. PTS sensors support lead (Pb)-free soldering and are suitable for processing on automatic SMD assembly systems in large-scale applications using wave, reflow, or vapor phase processes. A special coating protects the sensor element against electrical, mechanical, and climatic impacts. The sensors comply with the CEFIC-EECA-EICTA list of legal restrictions on hazardous substances and are tested in accordance with IEC 60751 and IEC 60068. The PTS AT sensors are qualified accordingly to AEC-Q200.
|Features and Benefits
- Extended operating temperature range −55°C up to +175°C
- Outstanding stability of temperature characteristic of < ±0.1% between −55°C up to +155°C
- Offered in standard resistance values of 100 Ω, 500 Ω, and 1 KΩ
- Linear temperature characteristic of +3850 ppm/K
- Feature F0.3 (1B) and F0.6 (2B) tolerance classes
- Short reaction times of ≤ 5 seconds (in air)
- Automotive systems
- Industrial electronics
- Process and Automation Technologies
- Aviation systems
PTS Platinum SMD Flat Chip Temperature Sensors