Touchstone Semiconductor's TS3003 is a single-supply, second-generation Touchstone Semi oscillator/timer, fully specified to operate over a supply voltage range of 1.55 V to 5.25 V while consuming 1.9 μA supply current. Requiring only a resistor to set the base output frequency (or output period) at 25 kHz (or 40 ms) with a 50% duty cycle, the TS3003 timer/oscillator is compact, easy-to-use, and versatile. Optimized for ultra-long life, low frequency, battery-powered/portable applications, the TS3003 joins the TS3001, TS3002, TS3004, TS3005, and TS3006 in Touchstone’s CMOS timer family in its “NanoWatt Analog™” series of high-performance analog integrated circuits.
Requiring only a resistor to set the output frequency, the TS3003 output frequency can be set from 9 kHz to 300 kHz without additional components. In addition, the TS3003 represents a 25% reduction in PCB area and a factor-of-10 lower-power consumption over other CMOS-based integrated circuit oscillators/timers. When compared against industry-standard 555-timer-based products, the TS3003 offers up to 84% reduction in PCB area and over three orders of magnitude lower power consumption.
The TS3003 is fully specified over the -40°C to 85°C temperature range and is available in a low profile, 10-pin 3 x 3 mm TDFN package with an exposed back-side paddle.
- Ultra Low Supply Current: 1.9 μA at 25 kHz
- Supply Voltage Operation: 1.55 V to 5.25 V
- Single resistor sets FOUT at 50% Duty Cycle
- Separate PWM control and buffered output
- Programmable frequency range: 9 kHz ≤ FOUT≤ 300 kHz
- FOUT period accuracy: 3%
- FOUT period drift: 0.02%/°C
- FOUT/PWMOUT output driver resistance: 160Ω
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
- Low parts count micropower oscillator
- Compact micropower replacement for crystal and ceramic oscillators
- Micropower pulse-width modulation control
- Micropower pulse-position modulation control
- Micropower clock generation
- Micropower sequential timing