Texas Instruments' UCC28910 is dedicated to isolated flyback power supplies and provides output voltage and current regulation without the use of an optical coupler. The device incorporates a 700 V power FET and a controller that processes operating information from the auxiliary flyback winding and from the power FET to provide precise output voltage and current control.
The integrated high-voltage current source for startup that is switched off during device operation and the controller current consumption that is dynamically adjusted, allows very low stand by power.
- Constant-Voltage (CV) and Constant-Current (CC) output regulation without optical coupler
- ±5% output voltage regulation accuracy
- ±5% output current regulation with AC line and primary inductance tolerance compensation
- 700 V start-up and smart power management enable best-in-class <30 mW standby power
- 115 kHz maximum switching frequency enables high power density designs
- Valley switching and frequency dithering to ease EMI compliance
- Thermal shut down
- Low-line and output over voltage protection