Texas Instruments' UCC28810EVM-003 is a 110 W offline AC-to-DC LED current driver with power factor correction. This design utilizes a three stage approach with a universal input boost PFC stage, a low-side buck stage providing a controlled current source and a half-bridge DC transformer stage to provide isolation to four LED strings.
This converter was designed to support up to four strings of 15 high brightness LEDs in series (58.5 V max per string). The converter will provide 500 mA average current to each string. The design incorporates an interface for microprocessor control to allow for shutdown into a low power mode (<0.5 W) and PWM dimming of the LEDs. The boost, buck and DC half bridge multi-transformer stages are included on a UCC28810EVM-003 single board assembly.
- 90 VRMS to 265 VRMS operation
- Boost follower or fixed output PFC stage
- PFC disable
- Output current disable
- External or internal PWM dimming
- Output isolated from line input
- Open circuit protection (If one LED string fails open the remaining strings stay on)
- AC input general lighting applications using HB LEDs
- Industrial, commercial and residential lighting fixtures
- Outdoor lighting: street, roadway, parking, construction and ornamental LED lighting fixtures
- LCD TV LED backlighting