Texas Instruments' UCC28630 targets high-power, primary-side regulated flyback converters. The powerful gate driver and ability to operate in both CCM and DCM make the device suitable for applications with a wide power range. The peak-power mode allows transient peak power delivery up to 200% of nominal rating, with only a 25% peak-current increase, maximizing transformer utilization.
The transformer bias winding is used to sense output voltage for regulation, and for low-loss input voltage sensing. Advanced sampling and processing techniques allow CCM operation, and deliver excellent output voltage regulation performance for optocouplerless designs at power levels of 100 W and higher.
- High-power, primary-side regulation for output voltage and current, no optocoupler required
- Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM) and Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM) operation
- Built-in 700 V start-up current source
- Active X-capacitor discharge function
- Constant-Current (CC) mode limiting
- High gate-drive current 1 A source and 2 A sink
- Low-power modes for <30 mW system standby
- Best-in-class light load (10%) efficiency >85% for 65 W nominal power design
- Peak-power mode for transient overload
- Shutdown terminal interface for external NTC