Texas Instruments' UCC27517 single-channel, high-speed, low-side gate driver device is capable of effectively driving MOSFET and IGBT power switches. Using a design that inherently minimizes shoot-through current, the UCC27517 is capable of sourcing and sinking high, peak-current pulses into capacitive loads offering rail-to-rail drive capability and extremely small propagation delay, typically 13 ns.
The UCC27517 provides 4 A source, 4 A sink (symmetrical drive) peak-drive current capability at VDD = 12 V.
- Low-cost, gate-driver device offering superior replacement of NPN and PNP discrete solutions
- 4 A peak source and 4 A peak sink symmetrical drive
- Fast propagation delays (13 ns typical)
- Fast rise and fall times (9 ns and 7 ns typical)
- 4.5 V to 18 V single supply range
- Switch-mode power supplies
- DC-to-DC converters
- Companion gate driver devices for digital power controllers
- Solar power, motor control, UPS
- Gate driver for emerging wide band-gap power devices (such as GaN)