Texas Instruments' TPS92410 is an advanced linear driver with high-voltage start-up intended for use in low-power, offline LED lighting applications. It can be used to regulate the average LED current through LEDs in conjunction with the TPS92411 direct drive switch.
The TPS92410 features a reference voltage that can be used to set the current level as well as the thermal foldback threshold. A multiplier is included to obtain excellent power-factor while maintaining good line regulation. Other features include undervoltage lockout, overvoltage protection, forward phase dimmer detection with change to constant current mode, thermal foldback, and thermal shutdown.
- Multiplier for good PFC, line regulation, and low THD
- VIN range from 9.5 V to 450 V
- Compatible with phase dimmers
- Analog dimming input with LED turn-off
- Programmable overvoltage protection
- Precision 3 V reference
- Thermal foldback
- Thermal shutdown
- No inductor required
- 13-pin, high-voltage, SOIC package