Texas Instruments' TPS92001 family of general LED lighting PWM controllers contains control and drive circuitry required for off-line isolated or non-isolated LED lighting applications.
The controllers can support Phase Cut TRIAC dimming with minimal external components. The controllers can also be implemented for stage conversion where the power factor (PF) exceeds regulatory requirements for lighting. These controllers also have an accessible 5 V reference that could be used to power a microcontroller or other low power peripheral components. The controllers operate in fixed frequency current mode switching with minimal external parts count. Internally implemented circuits include undervoltage lockout featuring startup current less than 100 µA, logic to ensure latched operation, a PWM comparator, and a totem pole output stage to sink or source peak current.
- Ideal for single stage designs
- Supports isolated and non-isolated topologies
- Phase-cut TRIAC dimmable
- Few external components mode operation
- Wide duty cycle range for wide-input voltage or dimming range
- Convenient 5 V reference output
- Undervoltage lockout for safe operation
- Operation to 1 MHz
- 0.4 A source/0.8 A sink FET driver
- Low 100 µA startup current
- Residential LED lighting drivers for A19 E12/E26/27, GU10, MR16, PAR30/38 integral lamps
- Drivers for wall sconces, pathway lighting and overhead lighting
- Drivers for wall washing, architectural and display lighting