Texas Instruments' TPS84610RKG is an easy-to-use integrated power solution that combines a 6 A DC/DC converter with power MOSFETs, an inductor, and passives into a low profile, BQFN package. This total power solution requires as few as 3 external components and eliminates the loop compensation and magnetics part selection process.
The 9×11×2.8 mm BQFN package is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact point-of-load design with greater than 90% efficiency and excellent power dissipation with a thermal impedance of 12°C/W junction to ambient. The device delivers the full 6 A rated output current at 85°C ambient temperature without airflow.
- Complete integrated power solution allows small footprint, low-profile design
- Efficiencies up to 96%
- Wide-output voltage adjust 0.8 V to 3.6 V, with ±1% reference accuracy
- Adjustable switching frequency (500 kHz to 2 MHz)
- Broadband and communications infrastructure
- Automated test and medical equipment
- Compact PCI / PCI express / PXI express
- DSP and FPGA point of load applications
- High density distributed power systems