Texas Instruments' TPS84250 is an easy-to-use, integrated power solution that combines a 2.5 A DC-DC converter with an inductor and passives into a low-profile, QFN package. This total power solution allows as few as five external components and eliminates the loop compensation and magnetics part selection process.
The small 9 x 11 x 2.8 mm QFN package is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact point-of-load design with greater than 90% efficiency and excellent power dissipation capability. The TPS84250 offers the flexibility and the feature-set of a discrete point-of-load design and is ideal for powering a wide range of ICs and systems. A negative output version is also available - TPS84259.
- Complete integrated power solution allows small footprint, low-profile design
- Wide input voltage range from 7 V to 50 V
- Output adjustable from 2.5 V to 15 V
- 65 V Surge capability
- Efficiencies up to 96%
- Industrial and motor controls
- Automated test equipment
- Medical equipment
- Imaging equipment
- High density power systems