Texas Instruments' TPS82672 device is a complete 600 mA, DC/DC step-down power supply intended for low-power applications. Included in the package are the switching regulator, inductor and input/output capacitors. No additional components are required to finish the design.
The TPS82672 is based on a high-frequency synchronous step-down DC-DC converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. The MicroSiP DC/DC converter operates at a regulated 5.5 MHz switching frequency and enters the power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
- 90% efficiency at 5.5 MHz operation
- 17µA quiescent current
- Wide VIN range from 2.3 V to 4.8 V
- 5.5 MHz regulated frequency operation
- Spread Spectrum, PWM Frequency Dithering
- Cell Phones and smart-phones
- Digital TV
- GPS and Bluetooth Applications
- POL Applications