Texas Instruments' TPS62160 is an easy-to-use, synchronous step down DC-DC converter optimized for applications with high power density. A high switching frequency of typically 2.25 MHz allows the use of small inductors and provides fast transient response, as well as high output voltage accuracy by utilization of the DCS-Control topology.
With its wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 17 V, the devices are ideally suited for systems powered from either a Li-Ion or other battery, as well as from 12 V intermediate power rails. It supports up to 1 A continuous output current at output voltages between 0.9 V and 6 V (with 100% duty cycle mode).
- DCS-Control topology
- Input voltage range: 3 V to 17 V
- Up to 1 A output current
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.9 to 6 V
- Fixed output voltage versions
- Seamless power save mode transition
- Standard 12 V rail supplies
- POL supply from single or multiple Li-Ion battery
- LDO replacement
- Embedded systems
- Digital still camera, video
- Mobile PC's, tablet, modems