Texas Instruments' TPS6208x devices are a family of high frequency synchronous step down converters. With an input voltage range of 2.3 V to 6.0 V, common battery technologies are supported. Alternatively, the device can be used for low voltage system power rails.
The TPS6208x focuses on high efficient step down conversion over a wide output current range. At medium to heavy loads, the converter operates in PWM mode and automatically enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. To maintain high efficiency at very low load or no load currents, a Snooze Mode with an ultra-low quiescent current is implemented, enabled by the Mode pin. This function increases the run-time of battery driven applications and keeps the standby current at its lowest level to meet green energy standards targeting for a low stand-by current.
- DCS-control™ architecture for fast transient regulation
- Snooze mode for 6.5 µA ultra low quiescent current
- 2.3 V to 6.0 V input voltage range
- Supports high output capacitance up to 100 µF
- 100% duty cycle for lowest dropout
- Battery powered portable devices
- Point of load regulators
- System power rail voltage conversion