Texas Instruments' TPS54620 is one of the industry's smallest single-chip, 6 A step-down switchers with integrated FETs. The 95% efficient device is 60% smaller than today's multi-chip converters, and results in a complete 6 A power solution less than 195 mm2 – one-fourth the size of a postage stamp. The 1.6 MHz monolithic DC/DC converter supports input voltages from 4.5 V to 17 V, allowing it to manage space-constrained 5 V and 12 V point-of-load designs.
In addition to size improvements, the TPS54620 offers a high degree of performance and reliability, such as a highly accurate voltage reference with +/- one percent accuracy over a temperature range. Achieving a 95% power conversion efficiency and a 25% lower Rds(on) than previous 6 A SWIFT devices, the converter easily powers deep sub-micron TI digital signal processors (DSPs) and other embedded processors, such as FPGAs and ASICs.
- Integrated monolithic 26 mΩ high side and 19 mΩ
low side MOSFETs
- 200 KHz to 1.6 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- 0.8 V reference with 1% accuracy over temperature
- Synchronizes to external clock
- Integrated tracking function
- 3.5 x 3.5 mm 14 pin QFN package
- Broadband, networking & communication infrastructure
- Servers & work stations
- Compact PCI / PCI Express / PXI Express applications