Texas Instruments' TPS54361 (2.5 A) and TPS54561 (5 A) are 60 V, step-down regulators with an integrated high-side MOSFET. The device survives load-dump pulses up to 65 V per ISO 7637. Current-mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low-ripple pulse-skip mode reduces the no-load supply current to 152 µA. Shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA when the enable pin is pulled low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can increase using an external resistor divider at the enable pin. The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by the soft-start pin that can also be configured for sequencing/tracking. An open-drain power good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 106% of its nominal voltage.
A wide, adjustable switching-frequency range allows for optimization of either efficiency or external component size. Cycle-by-cycle current limit, frequency foldback, and thermal shutdown protect internal and external components during an overload condition.
- High efficiency at light loads with pulse-skipping Eco-mode
- 87 mΩ high-side MOSFET
- 152 µA operating quiescent current and 2 µA shutdown current
- 100 kHz to 2.5 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- Synchronizes to external clock
- Low dropout at light loads with integrated BOOT recharge FET
- Adjustable UVLO voltage and hysteresis
- UV and OV power good output
- Adjustable soft-start and sequencing
- 0.8 V 1% internal voltage reference