Texas Instruments' TPS54120 combines the high-efficiency of a step-down switching (DC-DC) converter with a high power-supply rejection (PSR), low-noise, low-dropout regulator (LDO) to provide an ultra low-noise power supply that delivers quiet power rails to noise-sensitive applications.
With a wide input range of 4.5 V to 17 V, the TPS54120 is ideally suited for systems with 12 V power busses, and supports a 1 A continuous output current. The output voltage can be set from 0.8 V to 6.0 V using external resistors. The dc-dc converter and LDO are completely configurable, allowing the TPS54120 to be used in a wide range of low-noise applications.
- Low-noise output: 17 µVRMS at 100 Hz to 1 MHz
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 V to 17 V
- High efficiency: 72% at 1 A, 12 V input
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Synchronizable to external clock: 200 kHz to 1.2 MHz
- Small package: 3.5 mm × 5.5 mm QFN-24
- Telecom infrastructure
- Pico and Femto base stations
- Powering sensitive clocking distribution circuits
- Test and measurement
- Powering RF components: VCOs, receivers, ADCs
- Professional audio