Texas Instruments' TPS22946 is an ultra-low power load switch that provides protection to systems and loads in high-current conditions. The device contains a 300mΩ current-limited P-channel MOSFET that can operate over an input voltage range of 1.62V to 5.5V. The switch is controlled by an on/off input (ON), which is capable of interfacing directly with low-voltage control signals. The TPS22946 includes thermal shutdown protection that prevents damage to the device when a continuous overcurrent condition causes excessive heating by turning off the switch.
When the switch current reaches the maximum limit, the TPS22946 operates in a constant-current mode to prohibit excessive currents from causing damage. The current limit can be selected using the CL input. A high CL input sets the current limit to 155mA. A low CL input sets the current limit to 70mA, and a floating CL input sets the current limit to 30mA.
- Selectable minimum current limit: 155mA, 70mA, or 30mA
- Integrated inrush current timeout (8ms)
- Shutdown current: <1mA
- Thermal shutdown
- Fault blanking
- Auto restart
- Overcurrent condition timeout (automatic disable for permanent overcurrent)
- 1.8V compatible control input
- ESD performance tested per JESD 22
- 6000V human-body model (A114-B, Class II)
- Ultra-low quiescent current 1μA (typ) at VIN = 1.8V