Texas Instruments' TMS37157 combines a low frequency transponder interface with an SPI interface and power management for a connected microcontroller. It is the ideal device for any configuration, data logger, sensor or remote control application. The Transponder memory is accessible through SPI and LF and, in the second case, operates without the need for a battery. The use of the low frequency band ensures a communication in a defined direction and harsh environments. The TMS37157 manages the transponder communication and push button interaction. During sleep state the devices enter a special low power mode with only 60nA current consumption.
The EEPROM memory is accessible over the LF interface without support from the battery or through SPI by a microcontroller if a battery is connected. The TMS37157 offers a special battery charge mode. The external resonance circuit with a LF coil and a resonance capacitor can be trimmed to the correct resonance frequency with the integrated trimming capability achieving an easy way to eliminate part tolerances. The small RSA 16-pin package together with only a few external components results in a cost efficient design.
||Low Frequency Benefits
- Supply voltage range: 2V to 3.6V
- Ultra low power
- 50µA active mode max.
- 60nA power down mode
- Integrated passive LF interface
- Half duplex LF communication at 134kHz
- 3-Wire SPI interface
- 8kbit/s uplink data rate
- 121 Bytes user EEPROM
- 32 bit unique serial number
- High EEPROM security and flexibility
- Pages are irreversible lockable
- Battery check and charge function
- Highest noise immunity due to HDX communication
- 50% higher read range compared to FDX systems
- Ultra reliable EEPROM
- µC access via LF interface
eZ430-TMS37157 Development Kit - PaLFI
The EZ430-TMS37157 is a complete USB-based MSP430 wireless development tool providing the hardware and software to evaluate the MSP430F2274 microcontroller and the TMS37157 passive low-frequency interface (PaLFI) RFID transponder. The eZ430-TMS37157 uses code composer essentials (CCE) or IAR embedded workbench integrated development environment (IDE) to write, download, and debug an application. The debugger is unobtrusive, allowing the user to run an application at full speed with both hardware breakpoints and single stepping available while consuming no extra hardware resources.
- Compatible to the eZ430-RF2500
- USB debugging and programming interface featuring a driverless installation and application backchannel
- 14 available development pins
- Highly integrated, ultra-low-power MSP430 MCU with 16MHz performance
- Two general-purpose digital I/O pins connected to green and red LEDs for visual feedback
- Interruptible push button for user feedback
- eZ430 emulator stick
- eZ430 battery board
- eZ430-PaLFI target board
- USB RFID reader with antenna
- USB cable