The TLV320AIC3254 is a low-power audio codec with an integrated miniDSP, PowerTune™ technology and single-supply operation.
The miniDSP off-loads the host processor and allows users to run complex algorithms such as noise and echo cancellation. PowerTune technology provides maximum flexibility for power consumption control. This control means that a device can be set for very low power and good signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) or low power and very good SNR. The codec's single-supply operation makes audio design easier as well as less expensive.
Portable Media Player Block Diagram
Simplified Block Diagram
- PowerTune™ technology
- DAC: 90dB @ 7.7mW
- ADC: 86dB @ 8.4mW
- miniDSP - Two independent cores: One on of each the ADC and DAC, which can also be synchronized
- Integrated LDO for single-supply operation
- Cell phones
- Portable navigation devices (PND)
- Portable media players (PMP)
- MP3 players
- Systems that require lowest power usage possible