Texas Instruments Supplier PageThe TAS5706 is the world's 1st 20-W Stereo Digital Audio Amplifier with integrated feedback (A.K.A. closed loop). Closed loop amplifiers have a lower damping factor than open loop amplifiers, which produces a tighter, more accurate sound with improved bass response. In addition to enhanced sound, closed loop amplifiers are more immune to power supply noise, which means they can run off of poorly regulated / lower cost supplies. The TAS5706 supports 4 channels of digital audio (either via I2S or LJ/RJ digital inputs).
The TAS5706 digital inputs, advanced audio processing, and closed loop architecture enable reduced system costs and greatly improved audio performance over existing market solutions. Its flexible output configurations support Stereo, Quad, and 2.1 channel configurations from a single device.
- Up to 90% efficient class-D operation (8-Ω)
- 25W, 8-Ω, 18V (THD+N=10%)
- Wide 10V to 26V supply voltage operation
- 4 channel digital Input (I2S/LJ/RJ)
- Closed loop performance
- On-chip audio processing
- On-chip head phone and sub PWM outs
- Multiple output configurations
- Eliminates external heat sink
- High output power from standard supply
- Eliminates need for DC-DC converter; operates from 24V LCD backlight supply
- Improved performance by eliminating DAC + filter operation
- More accurate sound, reduced power supply requirements, which reduces system cost
- Speaker EQ compensates for poor performance speakers; DRC enables "night time" listening modes
- Reduced system cost + increased configuration flexibility.
- Supports Stereo, 4 channel, and 2.1 systems from a single chip.