Texas Instruments' TPS8125x device is a complete MicroSiP DC/DC step-up power solution intended for battery-powered portable applications. Included in the package are the switching regulator, inductor, and input/output capacitors. Only a tiny additional output capacitor is required to finish the design.
The TPS8125x is based on a high-frequency synchronous step-up DC/DC converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. The DC/DC converter operates at a regulated 4 MHz switching frequency and enters power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
- 91% efficiency at 4 MHz operation
- ±2% total DC voltage accuracy
- 43 µA supply current
- Wide VIN range from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Cell phones, smart-phones, and tablet PCs
- Mono and stereo APA applications
- USB-OTG, HDMI applications
- USB charging Port (5 V)