Texas Instruments' LMZ31704 SIMPLE SWITCHER power module is an easy-to-use, integrated power solution that combines a 4 Amp DC/DC converter with power MOSFETs, a shielded inductor, and passives into a low-profile, QFN package. This total power solution allows as few as three external components, and eliminates the loop compensation and magnetics part selection process.
The 10 x 10 x 4.3 mm QFN package is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact point-of-load design. It achieves greater than 95% efficiency and has excellent power dissipation capability with a thermal impedance of 13.3°C/W. The LMZ31704 offers the flexibility and the feature-set of a discrete point-of-load design and is ideal for powering a wide range of ICs and systems. Advanced packaging technology affords a robust and reliable power solution compatible with standard QFN mounting and testing techniques.
- Complete integrated power solution allows small footprint, low-profile design
- 10 x 10 x 4.3 mm package (pin compatible with LMZ31710 and LMZ31707)
- Efficiencies up to 95%
- Eco-mode/light load efficiency (LLE)
- Wide-output voltage adjust 0.6 to 5.5 V, with 1% reference accuracy
- Supports parallel operation for higher current
- Optional split power rail allows input voltages down to 2.95 V
- Adjustable switching frequency (200 kHz to 1.2 MHz)
- Synchronizes to an external clock
- Provides 180° out-of-phase clock signal