Texas Instruments' LMR61428 is a step-up, DC-DC switching regulator for battery-powered and low input voltage systems that can achieve efficiencies up to 90%. It has a wide input voltage range from 1.2 V to 14 V and a possible regulated output voltage range of 1.24 V to 14 V. It has an internal 0.17 Ω N-Channel MOSFET power switch.
The high switching frequency of up to 2 MHz of the LMR61428 allows for tiny surface mount inductors and capacitors. Because of the unique constant-duty-cycle gated oscillator topology, very high efficiencies are realized over a wide load range. The supply current is reduced to 80 µA because of the BiCMOS process technology.
- 1.2 V to 14 V input voltage
- Adjustable output voltage up to 14 V
- Switch current up to 2.85 A
- Up to 2 MHz switching frequency
- Low shutdown Iq, <1 µA
- Boost/SEPIC conversions from 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V
- Space-constrained applications
- LCD displays
- LED applications