Texas Instruments' Hercules RM42 LaunchPad is an inexpensive evaluation platform designed to help users evaluate and get started on development with Hercules microcontroller platform. The launchpad is based on Hercules RM42L432, which is a dual-core lock-step ARM® Cortex™-R4 based MCU with features like 12-bit ADC, N2HET with programmable timer pins, eQEP, MibSPI, and serial communication interfaces.
The LaunchPad comes pre-programmed with the Hercules Safety MCU Demo, enabling users to easily learn about the key safety, data acquisition, and control features of the Hercules MCU platform.
The LaunchPad features on-board emulation for programming and debugging, on-board buttons, LEDs and ambient-light sensor, and the standard 40-pin BoosterPack-compatible expansion header to support a wide range of plug-in modules for added functionality such as displays and more.
- USB powered
- On-board USB XDS100v2 JTAG debug
- On-board SCI to PC serial communication
- Two LEDs
- Reset switches
- Ambient-light sensor
- 40-pin BoosterPack XL header
- Footprint for an expansion header (not populated) to bring out all MCU pins
- External high-speed emulation via 14-pin TI-JTAG header (not populated)