Texas Instruments' DRV2603 is a haptic driver designed to control Linear Resonant Actuators (LRA) and Eccentric Rotating Mass (ERM) motors. It provides many features which help eliminate the design complexities of haptic motor control including reduced solution size, high-efficiency output drive, simplified control signaling, quick device startup, and auto-resonance frequency tracking.
The DRV2603EVM-CT evaluation module (EVM) is a complete demo and evaluation platform for the DRV2603. The kit includes a microcontroller, linear actuator, eccentric rotating mass motor, samples waveforms, and capacitive touch buttons which can be used to completely demonstrate and evaluate the DRV2603.
- Flexible haptic/vibra driver
- LRA (Linear Resonance Actuator)
- ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
- Constant vibration strength over supply
- Automatic input level translation
- 0% to 100% duty cycle control range
- Auto-resonance tracking for LRA
- No frequency calibration required
- Automatic drive commutation
- Automatic braking algorithm
- Wide-input, pwm frequency range