Texas Instruments' InstaSPIN™-FOC (field-oriented-control) technology enables designers - even those with limited motor control experience - to identify, tune, and fully control any type of three-phase, variable speed, sensorless, synchronous, or asynchronous motor control system in just minutes.
This technology removes the need for a mechanical motor rotor sensor. This reduces system costs and improves operation using TI's software encoder (sensorless observer) software algorithm, FAST™ (flux, angle, speed, and torque), embedded in the read-only-memory (ROM) of Piccolo™ devices. This enables premium solutions that improve motor efficiency, performance, and reliability in all variable-speed and load-motor applications.
FAST Software Encoder / PowerWarp Software / Software Architectures
InstaSPIN™-FOC Three-phase motor control
Check out why InstaSPIN-FOC by Texas Instruments is the ideal sensorless, complete solution for spinning your motor.
- Replaces mechanical encoders and resolvers in a "sensorless" Field Oriented Torque Controller (FOC)
- Uses the FAST™ software encoder as a superior rotor flux sensor
- Control system design accelerated
- Built-in motor parameter identification
- Automatic, closed-loop current control tuning
- Fully-tuned observer and stable torque controller in minutes
- Full InstaSPIN™-FOC control system, available in ROM
- Select Piccolo™ MCU devices
- Software API and multiple example projects through MotorWare™ Software
- Voltage and current filtering insure quality sampled signals to the system
- One time hardware and software calibration
- Offset compensation