The Texas Instruments' bq27441-G1 is an easy-to-configure microcontroller peripheral that provides system-side fuel gauging for single-cell Li-Ion batteries. The device requires minimal user configuration and system microcontroller firmware development.
The bq27441-G1 uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), and battery voltage (mV). Battery fuel gauging with the bq27441-G1 requires connections only to PACK+ (P+) and PACK– (P–) for a removable battery pack or embedded battery circuit. The tiny 12-pin 2.5 × 4 mm SON package is ideal for space-constrained applications.
Applications include smartphones, feature phones, tablets, digital still and video cameras, handheld terminals, and MP3 or multimedia players.
- Single series cell Li-Ion battery fuel gauge
- Resides on system board
- Supports embedded or removable batteries
- Powered directly from battery with integrated LDO
- Supports a low-value external sense resistor (10 mΩ)
- Easy-to-configure fuel gauging based on patented impedance track technology
- Reports remaining capacity and State of Charge (SOC) with smoothing filter
- Automatically adjusts for battery aging, self-discharge, temperature, and rate changes
- Battery state of health (aging) estimation
- Microcontroller peripheral supports:
- 400 kHz I²C serial interface
- Configurable SOC interrupt, or battery low digital output warning
- Internal temperature sensor or host reported temperature
- Small 12-pin 2.5 × 4 mm SON package