Texas Instruments' bq2400x series ICs are advanced Li-Ion linear charge management devices for highly integrated and space-limited applications. They combine high-accuracy current and voltage regulation; FET pass-transistor and reverse-blocking Schottky diodes; battery conditioning, temperature, or input-power monitoring; charge termination; charge-status indication; and a charge timer in a small package.
The bq2400x measures battery temperature using an external thermistor. For safety reasons, the bq2400x inhibits charge until the battery temperature is within the user-defined thresholds. Alternatively, the user can monitor the input voltage to qualify charge. The bq2400x series then charge the battery in three phases: preconditioning, constant current, and constant voltage.
- Highly integrated solution with FET pass transistor and reverse-blocking Schottky and thermal protection
- Integrated voltage and current regulation with programmable charge current
- High-accuracy voltage regulation (±1%)
- Ideal for low-dropout linear charger designs for single- and double-cell Li-Ion packs with coke or graphite anodes
- Up to 1.2 A continuous charge current
- Internet appliances
- MP3 players
- Digital cameras