Texas Instruments' ADS8860 is a 16-bit, 1 MSPS, single-ended input, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device operates with a 2.5 V to 5 V external reference, offering a wide selection of signal ranges without additional input signal scaling. The reference voltage setting is independent of, and can exceed, the analog supply voltage (AVDD).
The device offers an SPI-compatible serial interface that also supports daisy-chain operation for cascading multiple devices. An optional busy-indicator bit makes synchronizing with the digital host easy.
- Sample rate: 1 MHz
- No latency output
- Unipolar, single-ended input range: 0 to +VREF
- SPI™-compatible serial interface with daisy-chain option
- Excellent AC and DC performance:
- SNR: 93 dB, THD: –108 dB
- INL: ±1.0 LSB (typ), ±2.0 LSB (max)
- DNL: ±1.0 LSB (max), 16-bit NMC