Texas Instruments' ADS8528/68 contains eight low-power, 12-, 14-, or 16-bit, successive approximation register (SAR)-based analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with true bipolar inputs. These channels are grouped in four pairs, thus allowing simultaneous high-speed signal acquisition of up to 650 kSPS.
The devices support selectable parallel or serial interface with daisy-chain capability. The programmable reference allows handling of analog input signals with amplitudes up to ±12 V. The ADS8528/68 family supports an auto-sleep mode for minimum power dissipation and has a temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- Family of 12-, 14-, 16-bit, pin- and software-compatible ADCs
- Maximum data rate per channel:
- ADS8528: 650 kSPS (PAR) or 480 kSPS (SER)
- ADS8568: 510 kSPS (PAR) or 400 kSPS (SER)
- Excellent AC Performance: ADS8528 / ADS8568
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 73.9 dB / 91.5 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: -89 dB / -94 dB
- Programmable and buffered internal reference: 0.5 V to 2.5 V or 0.5 V to 3.0 V supports input voltage ranges of up to ±12 V
- Selectable parallel or serial interface
- Protection relays
- Power quality measurement
- Multi-axis motor control
- Programmable logic controllers
- Industrial data acquisition