TE Connectivity's Spring fingers (also known as shield fingers, grounding springs or universal ground contacts) are used in almost every small printed circuit board application.
A spring finger is a single contact, surface mountable, internal connector. It provides an electrical connection and grounding from EMI noise and static between a PCB and other electronic components, such as a secondary PCB, shield cam, antenna, or speaker. TE Connectivity offers a wide selection of spring fingers in varying styles and sizes depending on the type of application.
- Used for grounding between device and PCB
- Provides shielding from vibration from motors, antennas, speakers and microphones
- Used as a connection for stacking applications between primary and secondary PCBs
- Available in effective heights of 0.3mm - 6.5mm
- Requires limited space on a PCB
- Accommodates soldering and pick-and-place using standard equipment
- Mobile devices
- Home entertainment
- Personal computing
- Industrial equipment